Columbia Montour Family Health is pleased to announce Dr. Julie Messimer as the new Medical Director.
On behalf of the Board of Directors and staff at Columbia Montour Family Health, we are pleased to announce that Dr. Julie Messimer, Obstetrician & Gynecologist, will take over the Medical Director position recently vacated by the retiring Dr. Deborah Poplawsky. After years of hard work and dedication, we would like to extend our best wishes in her retirement.
Dr. Messimer received her medical degree from Saba University School of Medicine, Saba, Netherlands-Antilles with her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pa. She is currently on the staff at Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pa.
She belongs to the American Association of Gynecological Laparoscopists, the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the American Medical Association.
Please help us in welcoming her!
Think you have an STD? See the information on the Services page under STDs.
If you are a Bloomsburg University student, we will have Monday appointments available on campus in the Fall. We know this especially helps those of you who have a problem with transportation.
Columbia Montour Family Health is a non-profit health care organization providing medical and educational services.
Your Health, Our Promise!
- All services are private and confidential.
- We have a dedicated and caring professional staff
- Patients may be eligible for free services or reduced fees based on income and other factors
- Services are available to anyone who requests them
- Although teens are encouraged to speak with their parents about their visit, consent is not necessary.
To assure that women and families in our area have access and the means to plan for the number of children they would like to have.
Always remember that you are in charge of what happens to you here. We believe you have the right to these services and we will do our best to provide them in a competent, professional, friendly, and non-judgemental way.
These services include (but are not limited to):
- Allowing everyone to plan the right number of children at the right time
- Safeguarding health through prevention and early detection of STDs, HIV, cervical cancer, and breast cancer
- Educating for healthy choices